(This one is exceptionally rough. Any suggestions/kind rejections are welcome.)
Grasping Moonlight
I would not trade one kiss from you
(not for a billion from anyone else)
no one could ever make me see stars
or feel the hundred different things I feel when your lips touch
mine again.
I wish I had something to hold you
(something more than time)
you are moonlight and
no matter how hard I try I feel you slipping away.
I can never put my finger on the specific
emotion
(that one I feel when I look into your eyes)
but I always seem to feel
like I am safe and home again.
You are a feeling
of contentment in my heart
(you are peace of mind)
and you are fantastic
just the way you are.
I will hold
your hand while I can.
When the sunsets in your eyes
(there are a thousand sunrises in your smile)
and the world fades away for just a few moments
I can be safe in your arms and
be me.
You are a wish
(a Pablo Neruda
poem) come true in my life
and you helped me feel and love
when I was afraid of both
and I will never forget
all you've done and
all you've meant.
No comments:
Post a Comment